21 Be THERE Consortium Update – August 2017
We’ve been quite on the communication front for some time, but fear not, things continue to bubble along in the background.
Many folk are busy with their own projects and due to some of the nature of our next phase, it hasn’t been necessary to convene a meeting or upraise you of our progress. However, it’s good to touch base to connect.
Couple of things
- Petitions: As you are aware we have an ongoing ‘hard copy’ petition campaign that continues to circulate in the background and even this past week receiving more signatures. This process has accumulated many signatures and is heading toward the 1000 mark. This strategy is best deployed during a key campaign push and/or ‘hot button’ moment. We bide our time! You can down load and email a copy of the petition from the website home page or click here http://21bethere.s3.amazonaws.com/files/MLDA21PetitionGeneric.pdf
- Project: Our next phase, which is still being crafted, as you are aware is to actually recruit at least 20-25 venues who will agree to participate in our research by agreeing to have a ‘no services of under 21’ alcohol policy for a specified season. Some of the outcomes we will look for are:
- Impact on customer demographic
- Impact on 18-21 year old cohort
- Impact on venue revenues
- Impact on venue amenity, just to name a few
We commenced a process of identification of potential participants last year and continue to work on formulating the research parameters before we engage in the recruitment campaign.
What YOU CAN DO is put your thinking/networking ‘caps’ on and come up with a list of at least three venues, i.e. sporting clubs, RSL clubs, Restaurants or other venues that serve alcohol to customers 18 and over who may consider participating in this important research enterprise. Preferably they will venues that you have some connection with and actually think this may be something they would consider.
If you do have such ideas, even if it is only one, please don’t hesitate to submit the name of the venue, and if possible a contact name, Manager/Owner, and we’ll take it from there. As we mentioned, we are still in planning phase, but your involvement and ongoing support is always important.
Anyway, enough for the moment, don’t forget to check on our website and read the Tweets and Blog from time to time, and please promote in via your social media.